You want your company to be more productive and to increase customer satisfaction. However, envisioning goals and implementing them are two entirely different things. The Lean Basics Presentation by ELSE Inc. will teach you about the main principles of Lean Manufacturing, a process that has proven itself among the world’s top multinational companies.
The Lean Basics Presentation is designed to help you learn how to implement Lean in your organization by having a good understanding of its fundamentals and implementation steps.
This presentation is supported by the Lean Basics Online Training Module, and the Lean Ball Game. We strongly recommend that they are used together during the training session, because this way your team can experience the true power of what they’ve learned.
Briefly, Lean is the best business strategy to deliver the highest quality value to the customer with the fastest throughput time, and the lowest total cost for the business.
The objectives of this training material are:
- Clarify the origins of Lean Manufacturing
- Understand the fundamental truths that make Lean manufacturing the most powerful tool to minimize inefficiencies and to stay strong in front of the competition
- Learn the Lean values (how to change to a Lean culture of respect for people working together by using the improvement and the coaching routines)
- Explain the main pillars of Lean that can revitalize your organization
- See the transition between mass/batch production into Lean production
- Learn ways to implement Lean Manufacturing the right way
- Realize the obstacles that stay in your way and ways to overcome them
- Lean Defined
- Benefits of Implementing Lean
- Origins of Lean
- Lean Values (How to change into a Lean culture)
- Respect for People
- Continuous Improvement
- Lean House (Lean Business System – How to transform your business system)
- The Lean Way (The Path Forward)
- Lean Principles (How to Move Forward)
- Lean Measurables (KPI – What to Measure on the Path Forward)
- Manage looking forward
- JIT KPI
- Built-in-Quality KPI
- Level Production KPI
- Soft KPIs
- Lean Tools Overview (What Lean Tools are appropriate, when, and their connection)
- 8-Step Problem Solving
- 8 Wastes
- Lean Strategic Planning (Hoshin Planning)
- Value Stream Mapping
- Kaizen Workshop
- Continuous Flow
- Cellular Layout
- Standardized Work
- On-the-job Training (TWI)
- Quick Change-Over
- Kanban Pull System
- Production Leveling
- 5S Workplace Organization
- Visual Management
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Error Proofing
- Reflections on Lean Basics
- Summarize the Learnings
- Starting your plan for the Lean transformation
- Getting some homework
- Lean Implementation Program Roadmap (Where do we go from here?)
Based on the above, you can clearly see the benefits of this Lean Basics training material. It offers not only the theoretical components of the training, but also the step-by-step instructions that constitute the roadmap of implementing a strong and viable Lean business system.
- Lean Basics Presentation (PDF slides)
- Trainee Manual (PDF presentation slides and space for notes)
- Lean Basics Online Training Module (learning online, at your own pace, to develop your skill, even to prepare to facilitate a Lean Basics session for your team)
- The Lean Ball Game Instructions (to use in addition to the case study discussed in the Lean Basics presentation, to further your knowledge by playing a game)
- Lean Presentations Bundle (the entire collection of Lean presentations)
We highly recommend that the trainer goes through our online training to become versatile in training this Lean Basics module, because this presentation constitutes the source for our Online Lean Basics training.
The presentation comes as a downloadable zip file, available immediately upon payment.